View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
As my pepper plants are getting larget I'm finding it more of a hassle to do nute changes and solution tests in the systems.
Yes I saw this as a problem from the start although you mentioned building a more permanent home for your plants in the beginning, but I was not exactly sure what that meant. I was thinking the system they are in now in was a stepping stone to the final destination. That's why I mentioned they would get way to big for that system. That is why it is important to to me to take into consideration size of the full plant when deciding how to build the system.
Quote:
I would love to be able to try and design an entire room from scratch such that I had a central reservour location easily accessible for changes/tests. A single method to cool/chill the water in the reservours, and then the ability to move the solution to and from these reservours to the respective systems....what ever they might be.
Me too, the money is all that's holding me back. I plan to have a greenhouse (size/s to be determined) for plants that need/ want complete climate control. As well as many outside systems for more hardy plants or plants that are in season, and/or plants that I can help along the way in the off season.
Quote:
I want to expand/improve my setup I have now, but I don't want to keep doing it peicemeal and end up with a bigger mess to fix than what I already have now.
Ya, nothing wrong with that. We always want to improve what we have.