Thread: Local Fair
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 10:19 AM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a

GpsFrontier, thanks for the kinds words but I give credit where credit is due; and my husband will tell you it's also true with the opposite.

My youngest is actually in college for computers and he has designed web pages for class. I think I have a free website thru charter that I started forever ago. I will look further into that to see if that is an option. I'm pretty comfortable with computers and usually pick up new programs pretty fast. They are always throwing new software at work to keep up with the industry. I hear our radios are going to a touch screen system like our phone system next.

I have been playing with some names that include "gardner" instead of "grower". So far I like Hydroponic Gardners of the Tri-Cities and Tri-Cities Hydroponic Hobby Gardners. I was thinking of a mission statement but a moto is much sorter. I also like backyard gardners but I think there is already a web page with that name. I think our laws here a probably very close to your own in regards to weed. Hey, I think I can work that into the moto. Gardening w/o bending or "weeding" lol.

I actually came across the term water culture inplace of hydroponics yesterday and thought that was interesting.

As for what I am not allergic to... that is a very short list and why I carry an epi-pen everywhere! My family use to tease me I was gonna be the girl in the bubble for the next movie in the series.

As for the photos on the web, if they don't have a copywrite I should be able to use them correct? I don't know the rules regarding that but I would like to compile several photos, maybe a couple of hundred for the ideas book. I think I have plenty of time to request premission on any that may be questionable.

If I can find my charter website I will post a link here so you can see if something like that will work. I think I just used word or works template to create it.
I found my charter web page but it's not working probably since I created it in 2007 and haven't touched it, so I deleted it and can start another. Is 20MG of space big enough for what I need? That is the limit on my free page.

Tracy

Last edited by fintuckyfarms; 02-08-2012 at 10:44 AM.