View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 03:17 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to watercatwn6535nd
Default powder food

so there set up for one tablespoon per gallon and if your using a drain to waist system i can see why the info is not out there. I think i'm going to mix it up more like the bottle stuff and add it with my nutrient pump just as i do now but with the simplicty of one nutrient.

To keep it simple i am going to toss a small pond pump in 5 gallon bucket and just leave it on to circualte and blend the powder inot the liquid state and them pump it from there to top off my tanks according to the PPM meter.

I really wish i could afford a grwo tronix ppm meter so i could have it dosing for me. my system is right in at 250 to 300 ppm so i think i can keep it close by dosing about that much every day and correcting once a week. i think i can dial this in pretty close.

looking at the GH label its 6 tsp per gallon to be in the bloom or ripening which is what the floramato is suppose to be at. !tsp per gallon of the powder is all that is required for teh same thing.

There are three teaspoons (tsp.) in a tablespoon.

There are two tablespoons (tbs.) in an ounce.

3tsp x 2 = 1oz or 6 tsp

32 oz in a quart x 4 = 128oz or 1 gallon

6tsp x 128oz = 768 tsp

per gal about $35 dollars buying by the gallon
--------------------------------------------------------------

Convert 49 tsp to 1 oz. i found this for granulated sugar which should be close in weight?

49tsp x 16oz in 1 lb = 784

12,544 tsp for a 16 lb container at $118
------------------------------------------------------------------
1lb of powder seems to be about the same as 1 gallon of liquid

depending on how you buy the powder it is $7 to 10 per lb

so its about 3/5 times less than the cost of liquid

Last edited by watercatwn6535nd; 03-25-2010 at 03:45 AM. Reason: math sucks