View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 07:41 AM

Default drip to wick system transfer

hello hydrogrowers!!
well its been awhile since Ive posted, and i have come to the point where I am almost completely satisfied in the three systems the that i have built and wanted to thank al those who have offered the help when it was needed......but once again i have run amuck with problems and this time its more than one....I will post pics as soon as possible the first mishap is due to poor judgment...about 2 months ago i transfered all the plants that were growing in my drip system to bucket wick systems ( without and airstones )
and they did/are doing well except I didnt paint the buckets black and now i have alage growing in them and its all over the roots. Is there something else that i can do other than painting the buckets black ?( I will be doing that today)

The second problem is some type of bug, parisite or dease..(I think) this i just on the tomato plants and its on the leaves it looks as if there are snail trails on the leaves small whitish curly trails, I have searched tha plants for bugs and cant find any. ( will post pics soon)

thirdly root rot! just on one of the tomato plants so far I think that it is due to one or two things or both.....1 my bucket is not light tight and grew alage two i switched nutes ( alaskan fish fertilizer)

Other than that my peppers and tomatos are flowering and producing several fruits on all eight plants. all the tomato plants are 4 feet tall , the peppers are about 2 1/2. I am very pleased with how well they have grown.