View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 10:15 PM

Naviaras
I use the free Google Sketchup for my drawings.

I have not built this system yet, again it's on my list of designs to build. However I am undecided on on which misting design I will end up using. Though the ultimate factor will probably be how many misters the pump will be able to supply with sufficient pressure. Especially at the height it needs to pump it. In the long run I will probably go with the top misting system, though I would attach it in such a way that it's simple and easy to swap out for another one. That way if the mister heads clog, there will be minimal down time.

As far as over crowding the plants, that depends on what your growing. My design is basically just an example (that's why there are no measurements), and you can space them however it works best for you. Ultimately I had planed on using 2-3 inch baskets, and growing plants about the size of strawberry's or lettuce, placed about 6 inches apart. But I also would like to do the same design but growing green unions, chives, cilantro, parsley etc., but with smaller baskets about 1-1 1/2 inch spaced much closer.

I attached a picture of some chives growing at Epcot Center, you can see that they could be placed much, much closer. They could get at least 3 times as many of them in the same tube. So spacing just depends on what your planing to grow.
Attached Images