View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 04:40 AM

Quote:
I am going to build a aeroponic tower about 12' tall for strawberries
I plan to build one also, but probably not that tall for the first ones. I drew one up on a 3D drawing program a while back (pictures attached). The side tubes will be glued to the sides instead of going all the way through. The small center tube will be for the misters/emitters. I don't plan to use it for strawberry's because I have another design I want to use for them. Using a tower for peppers, that would be interesting. I guess the type of peppers will play a factor. I would think there probably wouldn't be enough root support to hold them up. Though you could build a trellis around the tower to tie them too, and create a tree of peppers.
Quote:
On the side of the house, I am going to build a ebb & flow system with fog for tomatoes and Lettuce
I'm not sure what you mean by "with fog."
Quote:
I plan on growing a ton of food and maybe selling it at the local farmers market. or at my restaurant
I want to sell produce at our local farmers market also, its not exactly a farmers market but they want all the produce they can get. They call it Market on Main. I have a list of 20 crops I want to do but plan to start with:

1. Strawberry's...................................... ............(in one ebb & flow system)
2. Raspberry's, Blackberry's and Boysenberry's.........(in one drip system)
3. Snow peas, Peas and probably Green beans.........(in one ebb & flow system)
4. Bell peppers and Hatch peppers.........................(in one ebb & flow system)
5. Tomato's.......................................... .............(in one Drop system)
6. Green onions and Butter Lettuce........................(in one water culture system)
7. Honeydew Melons and small watermelons.............(in one drip system)

That will be quite ambitious for me (because of money), but I want to have a full hydroponics farm in the future. I need to scrounge up $1,500 to $2,000 to get it all going and I don't expect to make it all back in the first season, but I want to get established and some word of mouth customers, then expand.
Quote:
I live in the farm lands Marysville ca.
North of Sacramento I see, you probably know where the swift yard is in Williams (one exit south of the Walmart off I5) as well as the Lathrop yard (by Stockton)? I ran the 11 western states mostly. You will probably have good weather for growing outdoors most of the year, even in winter with a few adjustments.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 12-30-2009 at 04:49 AM.