Thread: PH Down ??
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 11:01 AM

1. Exactly how much does the pH change regularly?
I have had it go from 5.50 to wake up to 7.0+

2. What nutrients are you using?
Atm i'm still using Floramato.

3. How often do you change your nutrient solution?
7-10 and of course the PH goes up the closer to the end of the period.

4. Do you completely flush the system between nutrient changes?
Try to as best as possible.

5. What growing medium are you using?
Sure to Grow-it's pH neutral, sterile and inert

6. Are you using a pH meter, or drops to test your pH? And if your using a ph meter, are you double checking your readings with pH drops as well?
Meter and ya, with it going up i tend to check it prolly close to every couple hours or so.

7. What pH adjusters are you using?
GH PH Down

8. Are you adding any additives to your nutrient solution?
Not since going to FLoramato, trying to stay as simple as possible.

9. Are you spraying the foliage with anything that might drip down into the growing medium?
Not on a regular basis,have spray'd the plant's a total of 3x's since being outside.

10. What type of water are you using for your nutrient solution.
RO

11. does the pH ever reach a certain point then stop rising on its own anymore?
Not that i'm aware of

12. Does your EC/TDS/PPM rise along with pH? And if so do they rise and/or stabilize together?
Ya up until the point i add water, but if you remember right i was starting my PPM at 900.

13. How many gallons of water does your system hold?
It's a 45 gallon tote, i prolly fill at least 3/4 of the way.

14. How much water is your plants drinking daily/weekly?
Going to have to mark and keep a better eye on it. Just to make sure i'm refilling to the same spot.

15. Are you replacing the water the plants drink with straight water, or nutrient solution?
Just straight RO water, then i check the PH cause i know it will go up after adding fresh water.

16. Does it look like there's anything growing in your nutrient solution. I do get Algae from time to time, tends to be at the very end before i change. Altho i'm sure it's got to be growing sooner then that i'm just not spotting it.

I literally am in the process of changing my nutes, i flushed pretty much all day yesterday. I will mark and keep an eye on it and get back with you with better/fresher answer's.

I know that when you add fresh water the PH will go up. So i'll see what it uses and make sure i'm bringing it back up to that level and see what happens. Thanks GPS