View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 01:25 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to watercatwn6535nd
Default finally got some floramato

I don't have any real numbers yet but I thought i would post that i finally was able to get a order of food. if you buy it buy it by the 50lb container or bigger to get the best deal. i just weigh a 1/2 cup of the powder and it is 150 grams. i just added 1 cup to my approx 50 gallon system. Which i just thoroughly flushed and cleaned. not really but i did wash it out a couple times with a flush and fill and then let one bucket run over for at least a day dumping my floramato out put in yesterday on accident.

So i know it it took to get my system to 1500 ppm with the 3 part HG so now I'll take it to that ppm with floramato and see if i can come up with a decent set of numbers to calculate cost differences.

i also blended it in warm and cold water and it dissolves into both. the warm water was almost instant and the cold water it kinda clumped up like powder laundry soap does. the tank with a small mixing or blending pump in it dissolved it in about 20 or 30 minutes.

but the fact it dissolved is a nice bonus i hate to think if you keep dumping it in a tank that tank would be building a mound of nute that was not mixing up.

my plan is still to mix it all up in a thick syrup if it wont hurt it? how will i know? good question. then i have a small pump ( windshield washer pump) that fits in a bucket like a hydra farm grommet. then in 1/4 inch line it will pump it to my nute tank where it can be run through the drip feed pump and evenly dispersed from there.

I don't have the PPM meter from growtronix yet. so my plan is to test the ppm uptake from the plants daily and then tell the software to run that washer fluid pump for how ever many seconds it takes to pump in the needed life source.

In the black 5 gallon bucket i plan to use for my floramato holder in liquid from i have purchased a tiny pond pump that said 15 GPH i think. i will leave this on in there 24/7 to keep it all properly mixed.

I am going with they sell it it with water added so I'm just adding the water myself and then dispensing? seems to be logical i think. i may send off a email to the GH gods and have them tell me what they would do.

my only need would be that it be thin enough mixture my washer pump has ni issue delivering the same gross load each time. then i will re adjust once a week tell i tweak it right in. of course its never going to be perfect tell i have GT PPM to do the heavy lifting but its 550$ or and I'm not ready for it yet.