View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 06:01 AM

Well, getting the system running before the weekend wont happen. I have the return system completely done. All glued in, including installing the through hole fittings in each grow bed for for all three levels. The flood/fill lines will be easier because they are more in front (rather than underneath). Thus not needing to do a lot of crawling underneath and maneuvering under the bottom and middle levels. I have about half of the flood lines glued together (then ran out of primer today). Gluing the rest together will take about 2 hours. But then I need to mark all the holes for the flood line through holes, then cut them out of the bottom of all the grow beds.

Once there cut, I need to prep the holes to install the through holes, and install them. Then connect and glue them to the flood/fill lines. I can probably cut the holes, prep them, and install the through holes in about 6 hours. Then finish gluing it together in about 2 hours. Once I have it all connected and ready to run, I need to clean the dust and debris out of all 21 grow beds, drain the water out of the reservoirs and clean them out and sanitize the insides (probably take me another 6 hours to get the reservoirs ready). Connect the pumps, then finally be able to run water through the systems!!!

I would be hard pressed to finish the PVC by Thursday, much less the reservoirs. But the painting job has been moved up. I will be starting to do the prep work on it tomorrow (Wednesday). So don't think I'll get much work done on the greenhouse until the painting job is finished. But on the up side, the money I get from the painting job will help pay for materials I need to finish the greenhouse.

P.S.
I just got a back draft damper today free (for inside/outside ventilation). The guy who is paying me to help paint, is a AC and heating tech, and is on the lookout for old ducting materials, including inline duct fans and swamp coolers I can use the way it is or part out. All of witch is free.