View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 05:07 AM

Well my target date to start growing plants in the greenhouse is October 1. With all the problems and issues I have had, I felt it was a waste of time and money to get the cooling systems running just in time for winter. Even though it would be great data for refining the systems for next year. So I figured I would just wait a few more weeks, and take the money I had earmarked for the swamp cooler, and use it for the heating system for winter.

For those interested, I have been having a air flow problem in the sub "T" system. The fans put out enough air flow into the system, but it dosen't seem to be coming out the other end. Even after upgrading the inline fans, and using a air diffuser in the lower chamber, the air flow coming out is lower than I expect. However after working on a temporary swamp cooler to cool the greenhouse enough to work in it, I think I have identified the problem. If I'm correct, I need to turn the fans around. In other words, pull the air through the system, rather than push it through the system.

In the temp swamp cooler I'm building, putting the cooling pad "behind" the fan, instead of in front of it, increases the air flow by at least 3 times. In other words sucking air through the pad, rather than trying to push air through it increases air flow. I'm guessing it will do the same in the sub "T" system. The air temp coming out of the sub "T" system is fine (about 78F-79F).

I know I said this before but, I'll try and post some new pics this week. With all the changes, their almost obsolete before I even post them. I have a friend coming this week to install all the electrical for the greenhouse. That will be even a whole other new set of pics.