View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 07:22 PM

Luches
Back again I see. What's the matter, you've been logging in about every other day for months and months. Do you miss me?

Yes, I did have that backwards (1000 watts= 1 kilowatt), but it hardly changes the fact that lumens are not part of the equation to calculate the cost to run a any electrical device (even if it is a light). The way I see it, with your equation your using lumens to determine how many light's are needed to cover a given area. That would be the right use for lumens for an equation. But that was not what the question was about, nor was it the point of any disagreement.

Quote:
Does any one out there have any data on the costs (approx) it tkes to run each type of grow light.

Example. How much does it cost (again approx.) to run the different strengths of MH, compared to hps, compared to CF, and so on? (notice: nothing to do with lumens or the area to be covered)
The question had nothing to do with how many lights were needed to cover a given area. It was about comparing "the cost it takes to run each type of grow light" in hopes of buying ones that would save them money to run over time, no mater what the area that needs to be covered is. The question asks about different strengths, but needs to be compared to equal strength (150, 400, 600 watts etc., or 1000 lumens to 1000 lumens etc.). The question does not ask anything about lumen output and/or comparing them, that's a different question altogether.

Your first post in months and true to form you still could not refrain from insults with your crack "But any 5th grader should be able to take over from here and transfer the described method to another mode." That is the exact reason that I have absolutely no respect whatsoever for you at all.

And what's this crack about "without a doubt and without arguing, - right?," That's your ego, and way of saying everyone must just believe you without question, simply because you say so. As if you were some sort of authority over the rest of the world, and you know very well I will not be told what to do by you. I don't recognize your self appointed badge, so if you want to continue with your digs on this forum I will be happy to oblige.