View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 10:14 PM

Hey Paul,

Yeah you are correct about the current draw concerning the 400 watt @ 110 vac and the 600 @ 220 vac. They are about the same so the power savings won;t be so great. But I have seen a T5 HO (High output) floursc, fixtures online wfor about $175. To that is a bit much. On that same site, you can purchase T5 Blue or Red Spectrim lamps for a decent price. So if you are electrically inclined, buying the parts necc. it is possible to build your own. I am thinking of doing this but for now, I want to get my DWC, lettuce and leafy green system gong first. But when I do build my own T5 light fixture, I will be willing to share how to do it.

Anyways, I spent some time getting my supplies together for my first ever DWC system. I initially went on Amazon.com and found everything I needed to start. Net cups, propagation material, nutrients, PH/TDS meter, heat mat, growing medium etc. Anyways, the total came to about $120. But the shipping was about $60 alone. So I shopped around and ordered from 4 different sites and got everything I needed for under $100 and shipping way under the $60.

So my lesson learned was to definitely shop around for your supplies. When my supplies arrive, I will post more and some pics as well. Take care and Happy Hydroponic'ing.