View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
1. What lighting are you using?
Plantmax Greenhouse 400W MH (PX-MS400). Supplemental lights are 2 100W equiv (26W actual) cfl softwhite bulbs with 2700k color temp bought from local hardware store.

Quote:
2. nutrients and the concentrations? (were you able to contact the manufacture to find out what they recommend for continuously fruiting plants?)
Same Technaflora nutes. Using a 1/2 strength mix of the Veg recipie from their recipie for success with the addition of awesome blossoms for the P and K. PPM hover around mid 700s. I attempted to register on their forums to post that question. Needed an admin to "approve" my registration and that never happened. This was before we left for the holiday vacation and I've not tried again since I've been back.

Quote:
3. light and water cycle?
Lights moved down to 12 hour on/12 hour off. Water cycle is still 15 min on/15 min off during light cycle. Once per hour during dark cycle.

Quote:
4. Are you sure that the nutrient temp is staying within that range all day long and not fluctuating higher?
Fairly certain. The ambient temp of the room is kept around 70 (generally 5 to 6 degrees warmer at the surface of the tub lids from the MH light). I'm not there during the day during the week due to work, but I check the temp every day when I get home. Several weeks worth of testing show that the nute temp generally stays within one to two degrees of the room temp though. So am I totally positive? No, but I'm fairly certain it doesn't spike dramatically any time during the day.

Quote:
5. Air temp?
As mentioned above, dedicated AC unit in the room set to 70 degrees so ambient temp in the room stays around there during the day.

Quote:
6. How do the roots look?
Roots look good. Not brown or anything like that.

Quote:
7. How does the nutrient solution look, is it clear cloudy?
It's clear....a very slight brownish tint to it from the nutrients, but it's not cloudy at all.

Quote:
8. how often do you change the nutrients?
Nutrient is changed once a week and i do a full flush of the tubs once a month.