View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 12:34 PM

(Had to split my reply into 2 posts...hehe....was too long. Guess I talk to much :P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
I am not sure the variety of your peppers, and if they are cool weather variety's or not. If these are not cool weather variety's 70 degrees would be to low for the air temp. Peppers are generally a warm weather plant and I would want the air temp to be between 85 and 95 degrees.
Not cool weather varieties I'm sure. The plants in the systems as picutred consist of: Pumpkin Habanero, Golden Habanero, Peruvian Purple, Charleston, Rooster Spur, Bananna Pepper, Bhut Jolokia, Bolivian Rainbow, Peter Pepper and Thai Sun. I knew the plants liked warmer temps and I was actually somewhat concerned with this when we were putting the AC unit in the room. I had hopped that the light would help raise the air temp right above and around the plants to a more suitable level and to an extent I guess it does. I could lower the light some to make it warmer...I just don't want to get it so close it ends up burning the plants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
I myself like to take apart the pump and clean it, as well as scrub out the nutrient tank with every nutrient change. But if the solution is clear, the roots have a good color and you don't see much, or anything growing on the inside of the reservoir that should be fine. But you should at least clean the screen for the pump every week regardless (if you don't already) to keep it working properly.
Yeah, when I do a nutrient swap I take a rag and wipe down the walls of the tub and rinse with clean water and drain that before filling back up and adding nutrients. I do clean the prefilter on my pump each time as well. Once a month I'll put some warm water in the system with a mild bleach mix and run the pump for about 5 or 10 minutes to try and flush it out. The plants are taken out during this of course. I have a spare tub and lid with no holes. I put the extra lid with no holes on for the flush and the lid with the plants are placed onto the spare tub during the cleaning.

And fianlly to your last post. That is indeed the bulb I am currently using.