View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 11:32 AM

Thought I'd post a quick update!

4 of my buckets were not producing any buds and grew to be super leggy. They got yanked out with some new seedlings planted (that look healthy). Pics to come.

The other 4 buckets of tomatoes are flowering like crazy and have set the random fruits but have fallen ill to BER. I've been reading up on it and have some ideas to help myself. Because it's believed to be a calcium deficiency, I've entertained the idea of not having enough calcium. I add CaNO3 to my nutrients in equal weight to my fertilizer. My base water is .68EC and I add nutrients to get to 2.5EC. So my gain in fertilizer is a little less than 1.9EC. This may not be strong enough to support the fruit. I'm considering raising this up to the 3.0EC range. Also, I've read it could be the plant cannot transport the calcium allllllll the way to the very end of the fruit. So, yesterday, I've increased my watering frequency from every 2 hours to every hour. I'm hoping this might speed up the availability of Ca and its metabolism to eat more. I dunno, it's a learning experience.

Any thoughts or questions let me know! Thanks for looking!
Attached Images