View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 02:04 AM

OK well it's been a long time since the last update. I'm not done with pluming the systems yet, but got enough done to give an idea of how it will look. With the exception of the tubing that is below ground everything is just dry fitted together so far. that way if I need to make changes, I wont be wasting materials.

The two reservoirs behind the greenhouse will be feeding the top two levels of growing beds. There are three 1-1/2 inch PVC tubes for each of those two reservoirs. One of them is for the fill line from the pump, the other two are return lines from the overflow. The 1-1/2 inch tubing continues all the way up for the overflow lines, and the fill lines split into two 3/4 inch lines just below the bottom level, then go up to the top levels from there. The fill line tubes are again reduced to 1/2 inch tubing at each of the "T" connectors going to the grow beds.

The bottom level will use the same 1-1/2 inch tubing for the return line, but with only one return tube back to the reservoir. The fill line for the bottom level will all be 1/2 inch tubing. I still need to cut the holes for both the fill and overflow fittings for all the grow beds. I needed to get the lines in place before I cut the holes for the fittings, so I could mark the exact spots where they will be cut. Once I have everything in place I'll begin gluing all the lines, connectors and fittings in.

P.S.
Again I have more pictures than I can put in one post, so I'll post the rest in the next post.
Attached Images