View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 12:38 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to watercatwn6535nd
Default green house update

Started install the base boards on the green house 2 x 12's. all the posts are now in and set in concrete but one corner so we can drive the sizer lift in to install the trusses.

I bit off more than i could chew today. installed new top soil in the flower beds and re arranged the plants because I was told to. I then talked the neighbor kids into digging a trench around the house so that i could install a couple yards of round rock. i needed a buffer between the house and the lawn so i could throw away my weed eater, just hate that job.

there is never enough time in the day. but i did do a walk through the green room and found a nice bell pepper between green and red that has some chocolate color to it and grabbed a cuke for the cutting block.

I have metal on order so hope fully i can get some rafters up next week. then i'll start hanging buckets. should be able to get the floor all leveled out for the pex heated floor tube next week. then gravel then i can really start in. forgot to take pictures but i did two dirt hanging baskets to day of some sweet peas flowers i had wrapped in a wet paper towel and planted in dirt two weeks back. they should look great i put 5 plants in each hanger to really fill it out.

Shoveling 2 yards of rock today out of the Nissan pick up makes me remember when i was in shape. hard work is hard.

I'll get more pics soon and i'm hoping for a perpetual harvest starting in October just in time for some beer and bratts on the propane BBq in the green house recycling my co2 gas.[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Vince\Desktop\yard work[/IMG]
Attached Images

Last edited by watercatwn6535nd; 06-29-2010 at 12:47 AM. Reason: left out a picture