View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 12:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to watercatwn6535nd

Has anyone tried running bigger pumps and bigger drip feed lines. I dont want to have drip lines plugging in my new green house. I have been thinking about my pond pump in my pond. it supplies 3600 gph at zero head i think or just a few feet. i had this idea to use the pvc fittings from the spa guys that are in ther hot tubs. the sell a funky fitting that has as much as 10 1/2" fitting scoming off it that are for plugging vinyl tubing on for the air injection on a spa. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices they make this fitting for any size line's.

But what i thought would be cool is to use the bigger vinyl hose with a big pond pump and hope that it would stop all the plugging on the small drip lines. plus i think the higher flow rate would be healtier and on a big pump like that it would be easy to install a syphone air hose like they do on a spa to aerate the water or jets in the tub by installin a airline in the pond pump line so it could suck air in and elminate a air pump and stone system at the same time.

So any one doing any thing like this?