Thread: Hydro-Almanac
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 02:33 AM

Naviaras
I don't use IE myself (I use Firefox) that's why I got so much done before I ever realized the problem. The problem stems from confusing HTML code that confuses that browser. There are so many browsers that people have a choice in using I just want to clean up that code so that all browsers can read it right, not to mention being more search engine friendly. I was using a forum that has web developers familiar with Kompozer (the web builder I used) that not only brought up the problem to me, but one even took the time to re-write my homepage for me. I have that copied and can use it as the template for all the rest of the pages as well. But again I need to redo them all.

As for the forum portion of my site I will most likely just start out with a "Hydroponics," "Hydroponic lighting," "nutrients and Growing Mediums" and "Your Hydroponics Setup" sections. I don't think there would be much point in braking it down into each type of system, especially when most setups are really a combination of systems anyway. But I have many more main pages in mind for the site, as well as sub pages. My goal is to keep it easy to navigate, as well as find the info your looking for. I will also be adding a site search box for the website when I redo it.

I don't have experience with databases, PowerPoint and spreadsheets myself. I have experience with creating a pdf. files, and will be creating one for each build your own system design to make it easy for people to print out and take with them to get parts, as well as fallow along when building it, not to mention easy to e-mail to friends. As well as creating pdf.'s for articles, and other useful information.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 01-14-2011 at 06:22 PM.