View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 02:35 AM

I can only read English so I cant read the words in the diagram. I Assume the water is suppose to fill the center tube and rise as it fills with air, at the same time it would need to have a continuous supply of water. I cant tell from the pictures or diagram but I would guess the center tube should extend down farther with holes in it to allow water to continue to fill it? I did however find a picture that gave me an idea (picture attached).

This seemed to illustrate the same principal but just on a much smaller scale. The air line goes in through the left side of the "T" connector and up the center. There is a second tube (the green one) in the center of the "T" connector that directs the water/air where to go. Lastly a continuous flow of water is supplied by the opening on the right side of the "T" connector. I did put one of these together and test it. It did allow the water to bubble over the top, not real strong but did flow over the top. I then tried to up the scale and used 1/2 inch P.V.C. tubing and "T" connector. I got a lot of bubbling but no water over the top.

I don't know if my conclusions are correct but I think that there are three major factors here. One is the smaller the air bubbles the better. The second one is the deeper it is in the water the better, allowing the air bubbles more force in rising to the top. Lastly I think the diameter of the tube the air rises up in lifting the water is directly affected by the amount of air being pumped. Wider tube and less air flow, probably less water flow. Smaller tube and the same air flow I think probably more water flow also. Mainly because there would be more force from the air rising in a smaller tube.

I don't know how much volume of water can be displaced nor how high above the water surface it would be able to go.
Attached Images

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 01-03-2010 at 02:45 AM.