View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Not sure if Advanced has a feed schedule online or not. Personally, I stay away from that company.
Hello Joe,
I was just wondering (out of curiosity) why you don't like the company "advanced nutrients?" I don't either, although I cant say it's because I have ever had problems with there products. To be honest, I have never tried there products (and don't plan to). I don't agree with some of there advertising practices, specifically the videos. And if I don't feel comfortable with doing business with someone, I just don't.

P.S. I'm not trying to put down any company, just expressing my feelings. Also I agree with what you said about nutrients made for specific plants. I guess I just worded it that way as a disclaimer, and I didn't know what type of plants were planed.

As for the strawberry's, I had great success with a bloom ratio of the GH Flora Series nutrients last year. I don't know the ratio exactly, but the regular ratio was 10mL of each per gallon. Although I know now, that I probably should have reduced the ratios because it was hot weather. I mostly just added a little more Bloom to the mix at the end. I had as many as 15-20 blooms per plant. Then before I could harvest, the nutrient temps got out of control (90-100 degrees). So I pulled the plug knowing that plants abort fruiting with high nutrient temperatures, and I had no way of controlling it at that point.