View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Certainly sounds like an interesting concept. I'd enjoy seeing what you finally come up with.
Well I finally have gotten some drawings done on the two main areoponic systems I am planing. I will post them each with there own post in this thread so the images and explanations wont get mixed up, it should be easiest that way for me to.

This one I call the "A Frame aeroponic" design. As always I got this idea from a picture of a setup I got online (image attached). What I cant tell from the picture I just work out. The system consists of a through with supports extending up from the sides and along the top for 2 flat panels to rest in. These flat panels just simply rest in the slots and have cut outs for the baskets that the plants will be in. These panels are easily removable because you just lift it out. You can just replace it with a solid panel so you can keep the system running while attending to whatever needs to be done.

I have just done a simple drawing of what I have in mind for the emitters/misters. Built much like your P.V.C. emitter/mister system, just on a larger scale. I didn't draw all the emitters/misters in the drawing because that's simple enough to understand as you have already done it (but hard to draw). Just drilling a small pilot hole where you want the emitter/mister to be and screwing it directly into the P.V.C.. This is the system that I expect to be using between 24 and 48 emitters/misters, a lot depends on how large the system will be and how much coverage they each get. I am guessing the system will be somewhere between 6 and 8 feet long, but the main panels need to be solid pieces or I may have problems.

You can see how the main panels sit in the insets at the lip of the trough, don't mind what looks like the P.V.C. tubing going through the wall of the trough, that is just a flaw in my drawing that I didn't want to redo. Also don't mind the way it looks that the P.V.C. tubing sticks too far out on the side view, that's another flaw because it's hard to draw it all to scale. But it should be able to give you an idea of how I plan to construct it. Though I may make changes as I go (as I always do). These insets should prevent water rising up and out of the system at the bottom of the maim panels, but simply drip back down into the trough making it leak proof. I may also use your idea of the weather stripping along the top and sides for added leak protection. Of coarse all the materials will need to be waterproof, so using wood will be out of the question. 100% silicone will be able to leek proof the corners and edges just like how they do on fish tanks.

I will need to post the other one later because of time.
Attached Images

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 12-06-2009 at 09:41 PM.