View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 03:25 PM

I did that post before you edited your post. I did see changes, but it was late last night (early am) and it was hard for my head to figure it all out. I know how many gallons of nutrient solution I can make from the flora series, using "mL" as the measurement. But "mL" is a size (volume) measurement, not a weight. You can have 10mL of two different liquids like water and honey, but they will have 2 different weights for the same volume because of density. You can have the same difference in density in solid materials too, even more of a difference.

Yes, tsp is size measurement but the Floramato is sold by weight, not size. I don't know of any way to accurately calculate the conversions without knowing the density, witch would then give me a weight. Then I could figure out how many tsp were in the 1.5 pounds or any other size it was sold in. That was where I ran into a brick wall, short of buying some and measuring it myself. Ya, I am surprised GH does not have that info, I would think it would make a good selling point. But if GH doesn't have it, nobody else well either.

The only way I can see to figure it out would be to measure how many tsp's were in one cup of the Floramato, then measure how many cups were in one pound. Then I should easily be able to figure out how many gallons a pound makes. But I didn't buy any of it.