View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 05:18 PM

Harvest is dead i'm pretty sure anyway's, atm i have one plant that was a runt that seem's to be kicking back into gear we'll see what happens with him the rest seem to be on the outs, but we'll see i'll def. keep playing with them. More then anything i can chalk it up to exp.

Ya i pulled the one plant up to see how the roots were looking, figured if it's dieing i'm not going to hurt it much more LOL. And ya just to see what the Bato bucket was looking like. Pretty clean to be honest, but when i seen all the water it just gave me that light bulb to check that water that's when i got hit with a stupid stick and realised all this time what one of my biggest issues were. Not cycling right. And yes had i remember'd the extra water in the bucket's i woulda done like you do and dropped the PH in the main tank down to 5.0 or so and let it roll. Live and learn.

Being green as green can get at this (literally took me 3yrs to convince myself to try this. I'd been reading and buying books and as you see it still didn't help it prolly hurt me more), i def. learned a ton. I think next year will be the year i have so many mater's it'll be insane(in a good way)

With having winter right around the corner to me there is no sense starting a new batch.

I do have some ?'s tho.

1. Do you go by the back of a tomato seed package to determine when you should start getting mater's? Like the plant's i planted said around 80day's, or do hydroponicly grown(if done right) seem to start producing sooner?

2. How do you know what phase your plants are in? That was one of my biggest problems. I come from growing them in the ground so i never paid attention to there size. I just added water and horse tea. So knowing what phase and trying to match that to nutrient strength had me for a loop and i didn't find you guy's till waaaay later in my process. Hell the plant's were something like over 100day's old before i got blooms.

Our goal is to try to have the plant's set up so that they start producing late March/early April. Temps stay up enough and i have a heating setup for my little tent and plan on either getting a bigger one(commercial size like mentioned earlier, but atm we got some stuff going on that may hender us from doing that right off the bat) or at least building a bigger one the cheap way for now so i'll have plenty of room for stuff. Also have plan's to build a storage box for my nute tank so i can keep it better temp. controlled and i'd like to buy a bigger RO unit for now. Unless we go big in which i'd get with a company like Crop King to test my water and build to suite.