View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by granth View Post
[IMG]I have my nutrient tub at the bottom, empty as of now, but it's there with my grow pots up above. I have some clear tubing to run up to the pots for water input and will improvise a drain system with whats left over. My net pots are not in place yet either....I'm planning things out right now.

Obviously I have planned for a flood/drain setup but am debating on switching over to a drip system. My concern with the drip system is, how do you regulate flow and is it by timer like the flood/drain is? would securing a wooden dowel or similar with the drip tube secured to it be enough for placement?
Hi Granth, good to meetcha.

First, you need to lose that clear tubing. When you mix Light, nutrients and Water together, you get algae growth. Your tubes will fill with Algae real fast.

Black tubing is a very good idea. Make sure you get some that is food grade. You don't want to be subjecting your food crops to chemicals that can cause real and dangerous problems to your health.

The same for your reservoir. Make sure no light at all can penetrate it.

If you decide to go with drip, any method you use to make the drip heads stay put will work. The plants can't see them, so you can make them as ugly as necessary. hehe

Good luck! Let us hear any problems you have and between all of us here, you'll get a solution!