View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 08:08 PM

Why don't you leave the air pump on 24/7? That's interesting about the root mass, any idea why the root mass in the aero system is so small? Do you trim those plants a lot?

Quote:
Yes it's a low pressure aeroponic system. I would go with a high pressure but the pumps are just way to much $$$.
I wouldn't use a pump for a high pressure aeroponic system. I would use compressed air to pressurize an accumulation tank (like in RO systems) with the nutrient solution. And have an electronic solenoid on a cycle timer to open and close the water line to the misters. It will still cost a few bucks to build, but will provide the true high pressure needed. And be more reliable than turning on and off a pump for short bursts thousands of times a week.

I thought of using a small 1500 psi pressure washer I can get for about $100 to get the PSI needed, and modifying it for the aeroponic system. But just don't think the motor wold last long constantly being turned on and off all the time. Their just not designed to take that. Plus it would be noisy. The pressurized tank would run quiet. Just use a small air compressor like the ones you can buy for your car to pump up your tires to pressurize it once or twice a week to keep the PSI up.

Quote:
The aeroponic plants seem to drink the most water.
Have you calculated out how much more water the aeroponic plants are drinking (1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 1 gallon a day per plant etc..)? And taking into account the size difference? I'm curious as to weather the type (an aeroponic) system may be a factor in the water consumption compared to other system types.

Quote:
The aeroponic would receive a 1/4 dose of nutrients and Dutch Bucket received 1/2 dose of Verti-Gro nutrients for the full grow season.
Are you saying that you only used 1/4 strength nutrients for the aeroponic plants the entire season? Yet they grew faster and with bigger fruit than the dutch bucket plants you gave twice as much nutrients to? That would defiantly be interesting.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 11-28-2015 at 08:17 PM.