View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 11:07 AM

"First, I and most people are interested in growing plants larger than 10 inches."

You aren't understanding what the umol is about. Let me make it a bit more clear.

That's the same distance a 600w HID bulb hits the 2,000 umol range. Does a 600w grow plants a mere 10 inches tall? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Will the led grow plants much taller than 10 inches? ALL DAY LONG, and with HEAVY YIELD.

http://i.imgur.com/8PN4x.jpg

So heavy the very plant itself is about to break under the weight.

"But between the cost of equipment and electricity (total wattage), it simply wouldn't be cost effective compared to MH and/or hps. That's the most important part, and the part you always choose to ignore."

I've run the math over and over. The long-run cost is actually LESS. That's why I'm enjoying $40/mo power bills without needing to ever run my AC, out near the desert, in CALIFORNIA. You are choosing to ignore that multi-ton multi-kilowatt-hour AC unit you have to run to compensate for those HIDs.

Were it not worth it, I wouldn't be running pure led in my OWN HOUSE.

Instead of asking for the numbers you could've taken the 5 minutes to do the research and to run them off in excel and come to the EXACT same conclusion.

You don't get to my level by being spoonfed everything.