View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 11:25 PM

I knew that the Florakleen was meant to be used to flush the salts out between nutrient changes but was not sure if it should be used in the nutrients. So I figured I would e-mail them the question.

I asked this question:

"Hello,
I believe the FloraKleen is supposed to be used between nutrient changes to help flush away the buildup of the dissolved salts. I just read in a hydroponics forum where someone is using it in with the nutrients themselves. I was wondering if this was safe and was a good idea, or will it affect the nutrients and how the plants take up the nutrients."

This was there response:
"FloraKleen used with nutrients won't provide the flushing quality necessary to effectively cleanse the root zone. The concept behind flushing is to provide ample amounts of fresh water/flush solution to the roots to cleanse them of toxic salt build-up, which leads to nutrient lockout.

Use FloraKleen with Plain water at a mild strength (according to label) to flush plants mid-cycle. Always flush plants before harvest.

Hope that helps!"

So I take that to say it's safe to use in the nutrients, but it's not very effective
that way.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 01-16-2010 at 04:16 AM.