Thread: Lettuce grow
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
I don't have a cloner, but you can place the 1 inch cubes in a cloner like one of these: Hydroponic Plant Cloners - Hydroponics Equipment don't be scared by the price, the prices are ridiculous and the cloners are easy to make yourself. It's nothing more than a light proof box (with lid), pump, tubing with misters, timer and a see through top to hold humidity and let light in. If you want to get fancy, you can add a small humidifier/fogger (for the top of the plants). You could even replace the pump, tubing, misters and timer with a fogger in the root zone (base). There is a thread about foggers in this forum here: http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/for...2-foggers.html You would just cut holes in the lid just big enough to fit the 1 inch rockwool cubes into, or you can even use round foam plugs (picture attached), just cut holes accordingly.
How long should the plants sit in the cloner ? Or, at what stage do they go into the main system The fogger system looks very cool. My sights were set towards a cloner and for now
I just set up a small enclosure, put some Hydroton, PH'd treated water and some nutes. I think the old term is a Luwasa system. I have 200watts of cfl (that's the equivalent of 200w). No lid though on it.

Thank you
Stuart