View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 06:59 PM

Hello crad,
I'm not a chemist, but I would be weary of using any form of sodium in hydroponics. Sodium is an element in common table salt, and table salt is toxic to plants. But if you want to give it a try I would suggest typing a e-mail question into a text document. Then look up hydroponic nutrient manufactures, and get their e-mail addresses (manufactures, not the retailers) from their contact us page. Then copy and paste the same question to a dozen manufactures or so, including General Hydroponics. However for manufactures other than general hydroponics, I would leave out the part about what nutrients your using or they may not want to reply.

Manufactures will generally always try to get you to use their products instead, so keep that in mind when reading the reply's. But by asking so many different manufactures the same question, and comparing the replays. There will no doubt be a common thread of information between them all. Some wont give much useful info at all, and just try to steer you to their products, and some will elaborate more on what other manufactures mentioned. But the more manufactures you ask the better your chances of getting timely, and useful responses to your question. For me comparing the common thread of information from many manufactures is important to knowing if what they are telling me is true, or just a sales pitch to get me to buy their products. If they all tell you the same thing, it's much more likely to be true.