View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 01:33 AM

Thanks for the reply Luches. I'm actually pretty clueless on the nutrient "stuff" so far. I've been trying to study up and learn what nutrients to use, when, and what to look for in the plants should there be a shortage and/or abundance of a specific nutrient. I have flash backs of having to cram for botony finals back in college :/...hehe.

I came into this basically not knowing a single thing about any of this stuff and have been trying to learn as I go...but I know I have a long way to go. When my friend and I visited a local hydroponic store to get materials for our first build, the guy at the store simply recommended we get the TechnaFlora "starter kit", which we did. I've simply been following the "recipie" that came with the data sheet in the starter kit. You can see the sheet I got by going here: Technaflora Plant Products - Recipe For Success and clicking on the US Imperial and/or English version of the file....and you can see exactly what I'm mixing up if it might help shed some light on anything.

I have decreased the off cycle for the pumps. All the systems are now running on a 15/15 on/off cycle during the light period. I'm experimenting with the cycle times during the dark period, but currently have it on a longer cycle. Not sure if this is wise or if there is a need to keep the feeding/watering quite as high during the dark cycle. Though I saw some improvement once moving the tomato plants to the new system and keeping the pump on continuously, a few of the leaves on the plants still seem very "droopy" and "saggy".

Last edited by txice; 12-02-2009 at 01:40 AM.