View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 01:13 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to watercatwn6535nd
Default nutes and flush

I haev my system set up to dump my nute solution for 30 seconds every day at the same time. I dont remember if its a half gallon or a full gallon. my system auto refills with fresh water. i then once a week when i get a chance do a quik ppm and ph check and adjust the nutes to what ever ppm i currently am running fro the entire system. usuaully am feeding for fruiting so the ppm is on the higher side.

i do so many different plants usually i will run 18 hour days or even 20 to keep some plants vegging when there new. then i'll hit the room with some 10 or 12 hour days to force some flowering some times even turn the hydro drippers off just to get there attention for the night cycles.

After i see some flowering i go back to longer days to increase the yeilds. thhis way i can introduce new crops any time i want and be vegging and flowering at the same time. garbage bag can really make a differnce to by puting it over a plant to simulate the end of summer.

I just never actaully dump the whole system and it stays very happy. You need really good water to start with. i dont think i have ever had a nutreint lock out before. my system has good flow to. i think driiping is a bad idea on systems and drip rings are for just a week or when the plants new. after that i just run the lines open ended no gph controllers. and i only have a couple gallons at most in my tanks so the hydro is always splashing or running through the clay pellets into the water.

also a stable system has to have black containers. if there not black spray painting the outside really helps.

I'm guessing my nutreint costs are 1/4 of what is recommended on the bottle for the GH schedule. i've run both ways. following directions and doing it this way and the plants seeem to yeild the same thing.

I will say i bet i have the healthest septic tank in the country. had the top off a while back and the system looked perfect and its been many yaers since it has been pumped maybe 20 at least 17. i know its all in the food i send to it every day.