Thread: My First system
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 09:43 PM

I think there was something growing in it as well... It started going rancid on me.. I cleaned it out and I am restarting it all over. The PH would go from 6.0 to 7+ in a matter of hours.. I am still using citric acid at the moment while I try to find phosphoric acid in the area.. I might end up having to go with sulfuric.. I was hoping the citric would do me good being a little bit safer.

It wasnt quite like a bubble bath bubble... it was more like a foamy film. (my airstones make tiny bubbles) not to mention there was some odd currdled milk type film starting to join it... that is where the starting to go rancid smell started too...

I am hopfully at ground 0 again... I rinced it out. filled it back up.. ran some h2o2 through it. and I have water with nutrients and got it to 6.0 again. It was about an hour ago I got it to 6.0 I will be checking it again here in a minute.

Here is my res right now.. I have 2 fine bubble air stones in the res to keep it nice and airy. The fine bubbles were not popping before and there was a nasty film that was building up... I thought it very odd considering it was only a day old res and there were no plants in it yet lol..

I am hoping a couple doses of H2O2 of the next couple days will help keep it clear and let it stay stable for a bit...
Attached Images

Last edited by jamromhem; 08-04-2011 at 09:50 PM.