Thread: Local Fair
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 01:30 PM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a

GpsFrontier, I just want to thank you for all of you advice and wisdom. I have learned so much here and I love that you let everybody do their own thing while giving some constructive feedback and some life lessons you have gained with experience. I learn from everything you say but still feel that I can do my own thing and will still have your support. Anyway thanks for being here even though I know you have your hands full trying to start your own project.

I definitely will have a solid plan with both design and budget. I am thinking about doing some vertical towers one with strawberries and one with some eye catching color either flowers or some heat tolerant veggies. I also want to do a "nursery" with some small plants started after I get back from the cruise but old enough to have some roots hanging down in the solution. The bulk of the display will be education boards with everything from history to small window gardens to large commercial projects. I plan to talk about the different system basics and how there are so many variations on each. If I
have space and $$$ left over I might try for that pvc vertical set up you designed for me. I also will be given fair entry so I plan on getting some shirts made with the hydroponics club name and be available for questions a couple of times a day. I also wanted the picts not only for the display boards, but also kind of an idea book so people can see all the different designs and applications.

The club name and how it will work have not gotten much thought. I work for the sheriffs dept so if I know about an illegal grow I have to report it so that could be touchy. (Would appreciate some ideas on that). Personally I couldn't care either way but I don't want to be around it because..... wait for it.... I'm allergic to it. Knew that would get a laugh out of you. Besides I don't really know all the much about it and don't know how much of a help or support I would be for somebody interested in that type of growing.

I would love to do some sort of web page, but I don't really know that much about it. I will probably have to ask my son to help me with that part but I could also just have a facebook page. That I know I can do! Probably will be referring lots of people to this site since it's so awesome! I probably need to set up a separate e-mail address also for people that don't have facebook and design some sort of busn card or pamphlet to give out.

I have lots to do but it's my son's 22nd birthday tomorrow so I have that to do also. I want to have everything done and in place except for the last minute stuff before our cruise in June, I hate waiting last minute for stuff but if I don't get done I will have almost a month before fair at the end of August. AND I still have my systems to plan cuz I want some more of that zuchinni.

I will be greatfull for ANY ideas anybody out there has!