View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 03:35 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to watercatwn6535nd
Default Its harvest time!

actaully its harvest time every day but riht now my cherry tomatoes are cranking out. as soon as the start to go orange they will be bright red the next day and burst open the next night. the taste perfect. my peas are really producing i wish i had vegged them longer so the plants were bigger. i have cukes going now and have no idea how i pollinated them.

The GT is working perfectly now and for two weeks its been on my test cycles just to double check it since i had my issues. 1500 ppm is my new base line and 1200 is where i'm at at 24hours.

Need to add one more dehumidifier and get my a/c back up on line for this summer before i let that become a issue.

I'm pretty excited about the strawberrys i have for different ones going and they are really vegging right now and should start the transition to fruiting any day i would think.

I'm still testing the lights for dimensioned out put and dont see it in lumens yet. which is a good thing. had a light attacked and violently by a tomatoe plant and it grew around and through it and broke it. You just cant trust a fruit plant all jacked up on nutes.

lots of squash going very well to.

I went out playing on the bay this weekend when i should have been making my room more fly freindly with some screen i bought to cover fans intakes and exhuast points. will get r done this week and flys ordered up to i hope. i'm still looking for a local supplier. my neigbor just passed of old age and he had the flys and still does in his shed i'm told so i was hoping to contact the kids and see if i could get the set up he had. he told me his bees didint sting and the were just like flys. now i know what he was up to trying to pollinate his orchard.

If you dont stop and figure out what others are doing the info is lost forever. i feel like dummy now just after he has passed needing to learn the hobby he has had for 20 years as a neighbor.

My pollinatin ability must be at 10 or 20 percent of its potential i'm seeing hundreds of flowers falling to the ground un pollinated. this coming winter i'll have all my vines trained and really start producing.

as soon as it warms up a bit more i'm adding chickens to my growtronix system. and i still need to do mushrooms but just cant find the time. i have a old fridge i was going to run the GT in for the project but i still am not exactly sure what it is i need to build. i was hoping to do a multi layer on each shelf a diffferent mushroom and maybe in the top freezer box a mushroom that is a very large one?

if you mix spores is that like cross polinating?

I just posted at you tube a quick walk through a couple nights back. the video is awfull but it lets you see some stuff.

ive been eating the male squash blossoms, delciuos. the pollen is incredible and i put them on toast with a little homeade jam. i read you can deep fry them and the list goes on . i'm going to serve them with braekfast with powdered sugar next weekend sprinkled on them. i us ethem to pollinate then i harvest them. all so the cukes blossoms and the cantloupe staste amazing and i have a few on my watermelon plant i'll try. they have avery nutty zuccuni tatse i think.

I'm going to finish off this bowl of tomatoes and hit the hay happy gardening

Last edited by watercatwn6535nd; 03-09-2010 at 03:41 AM. Reason: forgot some thing