Thread: water level
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinamon View Post
yes, my system will be the latter one that you mentioned. based on what you said i guess the water level should be just below the net pots.

i will definitely post pics of the system once i get it going and the plants are big enough to see in a photo. i am still waiting for my grow tent and seeds to arrive so it may be a month or two until pics will be available.

thanks for the help.
I am sorry, I should have said 1 to 3 inches below the "TOP" of the growing medium. If the water level is below the baskets it wont be able to saturate the growing medium and it wont be able to saturate the main part of the root ball. You just don't want to submerge the baskets so far down that water level is all the way to the top of the growing medium because the plants will develop stem rot. You may want to start out at 1 inch below the top of the growing medium while the plants are young and as they develop more roots move the water level down to 1 1/2 to 2 inches below the top of the growing medium. That is why I suggested that if you can, try to design the system so the water level would be adjustable.