View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 03:50 AM

NorEastFla
I had went back to the county library about a week after I filed the request, they said they had not found a copy as of yet (they had my phone#, address and e-mail), and they would defiantly contact me either way. I don't remember who it was that told me that the county library tried to get it from the collage library. But I think I was told that when I inquired about the progress when I went back to the county library. I was only contacted once, and it was a while ago (about 4 months I think), so I cant tell you for sure, But I believe it was the lady from the collage library that finally called me back. Both library's knew that I filed the same request from both of them because of my conversations with them. I assumed that the reason the other library (whichever it was) did not contact me was because they both knew about my request, and they both use the same inter-library system to get them (if so then a second call would be redundant).

The book is 118 pages but I doubt I would be able to get through more than a few pages a day (working on only that book every day), even in a couple of hours each day. But of course there are a lot of variables like how technical the info is, how much text is on each page, if it requires me to look up the meaning of words to understand. Bottom line, if I can check it out for free it doesn't matter (free is free). But I would like to be able to not just get through it, I want to understand it. I know that I simply wont be able to do that in a few weeks.

P.S.
On the upside, I'm great with anything that's hands on. Taking things apart and putting them back together again I enjoy a lot, and just don't have a problem with. So I'm quite mechanically inclined. Both in machinery, automotive, as well as general construction, pluming, lighting etc.. Even in basic electric wiring (110 volts, no high voltage). As long as I did not need to read it from a book, I got A's in shop classes. I even had a written recommendation from the auto shop teacher to go to trade school (AAI in AZ, but I never got my high school diploma). I eventually got work doing brakes, alignments and front end work for sears automotive center, as well as tires, battery's and charging systems (worked there about 5 years).

I have done a lot of construction on my moms houses also, as well as replacing and adding electrical and lighting, tile, drywall, rebuilding cabinets, as well as pluming both inside and out etc. (nothing underground except sprinkler systems). I would have turned the attic into a second story including balcony's on both sides, even with a bathroom and skylights for natural light (because there were no walls for windows). But she just didn't have the money despite the projected property value increase on that condo. Bottom line, I don't feel sorry for myself, it is, what it is. I know I have strengths and weaknesses just like anyone else. I focus on my strengths, and deal with my weaknesses best I can

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 11-04-2010 at 06:03 AM.