View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
Just how far do you take that type of thinking.
Wow, what a post. Most of what you say is nothing more than your opinion about how you feel. I believe that much of what you've said is wrong.

First, I was speaking of how a business should consider using equipment, not a private person in thier own home.

Secondly, right there in my post, I made it clear that if you are willing to take responsibility for your actions and the results of those actions, then it makes no difference to anyone what you do.

You've gone off on a rant about things that have nothing to do with what I was talking about and the tone of your post is starting to get aggressive.

Here's a plain fact for you; give the manufacturer of the Lasko fans a call. Ask to speak to one of their engineers. Tell him you want to install ducting onto one of their free-standing fans and ask if that will affect it's lifespan and/or safety.

Here's what they will tell you; The fans are not made to use with any restriction. Ducting adds restriction to the fan if the ducting is of any length at all. That restriction will cause unequal pressure to the bearings and cause the fan to bog down slightly. That slowdown will cause more electrical currant, more heat on the wires and the bearings and radically shorten the lifespan of the fan due to it being used in a manner that it was not made to be used for.

Most of your hypothetical questions in your post were nonsense. Your tone was a insulting and your insulting little questions throughout your post were those of an immature person.

If you choose to disregard common sense and do whatever you want to do, life will educate you. I certainly don't need to.

If you want to use this site to advise people to do things that are not smart to do, and then get all pissy with them when and if they disagree with you, then fine, you can do so without my seeing it.

Goodbye.

You've talked me into leaving this site.