View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 06:33 AM

Sounds like a great start. You probably have already considered these, but I would use the first meting as a jumping off point. Along with the information I would create a sign in sheet for people who want to become members. Get their contact info like phone numbers and e-mail addresses. That way you can keep them updated on club functions/meetings/newsletters etc., as well as be able to have a general head count for future meetings. Second, try and find out what days would be good for everyone to meet, and try and set up a regular meting time. Something like once every two weeks or so. Third, I would try and get an understanding on how much the group knows about the subject, and if anyone has ever tried growing hydroponically yet. I would try and get a discussion going, get people to talk about their concerns, experiences growing hydroponically (if any), their basic understanding on the subject, find out what they would like to cover etc.. Then use that to guide future meetings. In the future even have guest speakers, as well as kind of a show and tell for those that want to elaborate on what their doing.

P.S.
As for the 101 stuff, your probably already planing to, but I would probably first start by explaining the difference between the 6 different types of hydroponic systems. Simply because it's important to understand that first.