View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 05:09 AM

To be honest, I am not sure I understand the question/s. I think you are wondering if the light from your household lights will affect your plants during the dark time. I don't use lights myself but I don't think I would worry about that. If you want you can adjust the light cycle so that the lights for your plants are on when the house hold lights are on. In general it's more about the regular cycle than anything else that will affect the plants. Changing the amount of light (in terms of time) back and forth will just confuse the plant. Some residual light from house hold lights wont be anything more than twilight to the plants at best. That going on/off at the same times every day will just be normal to the plant. It wont be much of a problem either if it's not at the same exact time each day, the plants will just think it's cloudy.
Quote:
We are starting out fairly simple so if we progress and learn and want to do more no doubt I can see having a very dedicate fully contained area. However, do I need one now ?
Do you need a dedicated area now? I am not exactly sure about this question either. How big is a dedicated area? What defines a dedicated area?
Quote:
We are not big light people , space is fairly small , 1 60w lights the dining room, and same living room. We have lamps and we could have more light , just choose not . I'm only mentioning this in the case that plants might be sensitive to even that amount. So if I had a corner, an office space that could be shared with hydro that is okay or not ?
I don't see why not, it's done all the time. A lot of people even have plants on their desk (even hydroponic plants). It just depends on how you set things up that makes a difference.