View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 10:40 PM

Well it's been a few weeks now, and I'm behind in posting updates. But better late than never. The peppers have been doing much better with the cooler nutrient temps. Well, except one, one of them got a case of stem rot, so I eventually pulled it out. I have also re-warped the blue insulation around the main tube, although I ran out of it near the end of the tube, and I'm still contemplating what to do about that (I don't have cash fore more).

I have also created a shade cloth cover for the peppers because we are going to reach well over 100 degrees daily in the near future. So I wanted to give them a little relief from the all day long direct sunlight. I'm reusing old shade cloth, and I don't remember what percentage of shade it is. I didn't really want more than 30%-40% shade, but I'm stuck reusing materials I already had lying around. I have only had the shade cloth in place for less than a week, so I'll have to see how well they do with it.

P.S.
I took a couple of the pictures today, and it's kind of breezy, so sorry some of the pics are a little blurry.
Attached Images

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 05-29-2011 at 10:47 PM.