View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 12:35 AM

Default Beginner need lots of help

Alright so I have been trying to do all the research I can into all of hydroponics before I actually start growing I am building a 3 in one system that uses a top drip/aeroponics/deepwater culture for various growth stages. I feel like I understand everything with temp of my grow room and cycle of my aeroponics system and have chosen a media (sure to grow) and so forth.What I really have been searching for and can not find is how I am supposed to know how much of a particular nutrient mix to add for each specific plant I was looking at using Advanced nutrients grow/micro/bloom combo but in doing this how am I supposed to regulate all the different nutrients if I am using 3 premixed nutrient solutions. It just seems like it would be hard to get the nutrient requirement down just right if you dont have control over adjusting only one particular nutrient. With that said I have not found it anywhere but I thought I should just ask is a nutrient combo like this just a base nutrient mix to use in place of the natural nutrients found in soil and then I am supposed to get more specific additives on top of these and here again with that said how am I to know what ammount I need for say a tomatoe plant and then later peppers or strawberries and so forth I cant really find anything on this and any help would be greatly appriciated