View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 05:01 PM

Smile Questions on Nutrients for fruits/vegetables

Hi everyone, I am just starting out in the hydroponics and I have several questions on nutrients for fruits and vegetables. First, I am going to grow the following cantalope, sage, and chives for my first attempt. I would like to know what nutrients I need for them to grow, such a large selection at local hydroponics store and I am confused. Second, can they all be grown in the same container. I know that the cantalope might need to be replanted as it grows but for right now just to start and to keep the price low it will be fine.
I guess I should describe the system I am using. Ok, I am currently using a 3 gallon rubbermaid tote for the container will hold about 2 gallons of water most likely. I have a 10 inch airstone that will provide oxygen to the water, I bought a 30 to 60 gallon air pump which should provide enough air to the system. The plants will be sitting in a 5 inch netted pot with rockwool and hydroton. If more information is required please ask. Thanks for all the help on this subject.