Thread: compost tea
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 06:50 PM

Hello Kleeem,
I have not made my own hydroponic nutrients yet myself, but plan to one day. Although I think I have some information that may help you. First is that there is a free hydroponic nutrient calculator at: Science in Hydroponics

It is written and designed by a chemist. It's a stand alone program that is continuously getting updated. And if you look in the drop down window for categories to the left of the page, you can get just about everything you want to know about making your own nutrient solutions, including e-books like: Making Your Own Hydroponic Solutions – Download my Free E-book

I don't remember but I believe there is even a list of resources for the raw chemical elements there somewhere. I have been to busy to fallow up much on making my own, and I don't have the funds to even consider it right now, so it's just on the back burner for me. Also a lot of hydroponic supply houses carry the raw chemical elements (Mineral elements), here are a few that I have found:

www.ecogrow.com
I don't readily see them listed on the website, but they do carry them. I have the new free catalog (you can order from their website), and they have a list of Mineral elements on page 11. You can also call them directly at 1-800-426-6937, they are out of Shoreline WA.

Fertilizer Compounds (from Hydro-Gardens) their phone# is listed on every page.
Fertilizers
Hydro-Gardens (Home page)

Crop King They have some listed under fertilizers but it may be easier just to call them also. They are a company that custom manufactures nutrients for hydroponic farms, so they have the stuff.

One of the reasons that I have not really been to concerned with manufacturing my own nutrients at this point is, I have found a source of nutrients that for about $120 (including shipping), there dry mix will make 5000 gallons of nutrient solution. That's with ordering both the 25 pound amounts of fertilizer and calcium nitrate, and mixing per instructions. I don't think it really gets much better than that price (even making my own). So unless I needed a custom blend, I'm OK with that for now. I was paying $100-$120 (including shipping), for General hydroponics flora series to make 390 gallons, that's a huge difference in price per gallon.

The Verti-Gro Hydroponic Fertilizers and Nutrients - Organic and Hydroponic Growing for Commercial and Hobby Growers

P.S. You mentioned Lowe's so I assume that your located in the USA and are wanting local suppliers, luches is in Thailand.