Thread: My NFT system
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
The plants all look like they are all doing well, and the roots look quite healthy also. Looks like you made the holes in the tubing just big enough to hold a 1 inch (or 1.5 inch rockwool cube in place. I like that idea, eliminating baskets and more growing medium. The only thing I would be worried about is if it choked off the base of the plant if they grew wider than the hole. Any issues with that? Are the end caps removable for cleaning the inside of the tubes?
they are 2 inch holes and I am using small plastic coffee cups that I brought at the supermarket for like 2 dollars for 100, cant buy rockwool here, the holes do look smaller in the picture than they actually are.

Yeah the endcaps screw off, I tried to make the whole thing as easy as possible to maintain, at the other end I have cheap irrigation valves so I can turn off each pipes, unscrew the bulkhead fitting and lift the pipe out to clean or fix.

I have reciently taped over the clear bits of piping so no more algae, damn stuff grows anywhere.