Thread: Spots on pepper
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 10:55 PM

Thanks GPS,
I am still reading all the content in the post. Thanks for bringing all the links together. What I have found is that the following has a nice post with picture (not included here) that helps to put pruning into perspective, at least for me.

http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/opp4523

As the day/ night temperature difference is established one week after transplanting (while maintaining the 24-hour average temperature target of 20 - 21°C), the plants will be directed to set flowers, with the first flower developing at the "fork'. The flower developing at the fork should be removed, with the first flower set and resulting fruit set targeted for the second node above the fork. After this flower sets, the flower at the third node is removed and the fourth node is left to develop. The flowers that follow at the fifth node and upwards are allowed to set freely. If the flower at the second node aborts, allow the third node to set a flower, if this flower sets, remove the flower at the fourth node and then allowing all subsequent flowers to set.

Still reading and will coment more later. Thanks again, StrangGuy