View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 05:22 AM

Well it looks like you edited the first post (I didn't see list of elements before). But on that note I cant give any advice other than try a commercially made nutrient first. I don't have experience with making them, and I wouldn't recommend it unless you know what your doing in that department, or at least willing to experiment and risk the plants on it.

I can give a list of symptoms related to nutrient deficiency and toxicity, but most of them look similar, and without really knowing what to look for and/or the nutrient requirements, as well as how to mix them so they don't bond, and becoming unavailable to the plants, that won't really help. To me it looks like Chlorosis, witch is simply saying it's some sort of nutrient problem that inhibits the chlorophyll they need. Although that can be caused by many things.

As for "the soil is rocky soil" you should not be using soil at all for hydroponics. Soil has nutrients in it. When you use soil in a hydroponic system you through off the nutrient balance. That causes nutrient deficiencies and toxicities also. The nutrient solution takes place of the soil completely, in regards to the plants nutrient needs. A growing medium (inert, "with no nutrients in it") allows the roots structure to support the plants weight.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 07-06-2010 at 05:26 AM.