View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 04:44 PM

Default Adviced followed and more questions....

Thanks Stan, a lot of good info. On the neoprene collars, I removed them and cut out the centers so the stems aren’t squeezed. Hydroton clay pebbles aren’t available locally so I’ve ordered a bag on line. When those arrive I’ll remove the neoprene.
On watering – for the timing are you saying the duration and interval is 7/24? i.e continuously through out the night? I notice that time you have has a “daytime” sensor.

I’ve soaked and set out a “fresh” cube on top of the bucket (see pic), recorded the time I set it out, and will check periodically for when it’s “slightly damp not dry”. I have a feeling that will be a long time…. Possibly hours? The aeroponic cloner bucket is in the shade, per your previous post – not direct sunlight. Those cubes really hold the water and I have a hard time accurately determining “slightly damp”, and really go more by weight.
Cube question, I attempted to use a couple “used” rockwool cubes for the damp time test, i.e. from seeds that never sprouted or seedlings that died. But they would not sink when placed in water to soak. Can (should) rockwool cubes be re-used?
On water temp – what temp are you shooting for? I’ll have to get an aquarium thermometer, (and I always have several frozen milk jugs that I use for fishing). Again, sounds like another timer for nighttime only operation??

Can’t wait to get to the point of moving plants to the Dutch bucket system. On the Dutch Bucket watering timing, I’m a little confused…. Once the plant got larger, watering time was reduced, and intervals less frequent?

Lastly the bubbler….. run at night only while (if) sprayer system runs though night?

Sorry if I’m asking dumb questions, the more I learn, the more I realize how little I know. Early on in I was convinced by everything on-line this was the simplest most successful way to grow, now it seems quite a science and much more complex – but I’m ready for the challenge! Thanks for all your help!

Gary
Attached Images