View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 12:56 AM

The product shown at Alibaba.com is a micro nutrient, so to speak trace element mix only. It's sold in 200 Liter barrels for export only, it's kinda useless for your purpose. I wouldn't give anything about the "bio" label either.

What you brothers in China need is a complete list of required ingredients of makro and micro nutrients. (the correct and graphically displayed chemical formula) and most importantly some decent recipes. You also need an accurate scale and some kitchen tools. Best would be to have analyses of the tap water you will use, in order to know about Magnesium, Chloride and Calcium to add to your nutrients. In other words, nutrients that are either made for soft or hard water. This sounds futile but is in fact very important in case you may have high mineral content in your tap water, versus very low mineral content.

Mixing nutrients from water soluble agricultural Fertilizers, may be an alternative. But that's tricky as well as you need to realy know your chemical maths to do it accurately and not completely mess it up.

Making nutrient from scratch, using standard (and easily available) industrial raw materials isn't easy either. It needs good methodology and clear explanations from an experienced and expert person, that does this job on a regular basis. Any amateur tips and hints (even if they come from the bottom of their heart) might misguide you or give you wrong ideas.

There are no 10 different ways of making adequate nutrients from scrtch, there is only one, with slight variations and a different handling, though.

I live in Thailand and had the same problem. But I went to a small chemistry retail shop and found all the ingredients at once. Most provide from China, only some are produced here. I knew exactly what I was looking for and had the correct chemical formula of every of the about 12 ingredients that are needed, though. I messed up my first batch, but my second was fine. I am doing this for about 2 years now every 3-4 weeks, to restock my concentrates. It takes me about 1 hour to make 2 gallons (8 Liters) of concentrate, which is sufficient for 1400-1500 Liters of final nutrient solution. I run some 10 sets with tomatoes, peppers, pumpkins and gourds, herbs, etc.

Tell me what you plan to do and are up to, and I'll help you as good as I can. I can't start a complete online course here, though... you understand that, do you?