Thread: Time Tinkering?
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 04:25 AM

The time I spend tending to gardens varies, depending mostly on how many systems I have going, their stage of growing, and the weather etc.. From going outside to take a quick look about every hour, to spending hours doing nutrient changes and making adjustments on new setups. But I have been known to set up a chair next to the plants, mix a drink, and just sit and watch them grow. Unfortunately I don't have any growing right now. Mostly because of the weather, I don't have the money to create more of the in ground nutrient reservoirs to keep the nutrient solution cool during summer months, shade cloth structures etc... So I'm mostly working on re-organizing the back yard to accommodate a commercial greenhouse setup for selling fresh herbs I plan to build in the near future. Once I have the business plan done, I'll be able to present it to potential investors. Once I have the start up money, I'll begin construction.

P.S.
I cant say for sure about green bottle fly's without looking it up again, but blue bottle fly's are beneficial to your garden. I know blue bottle fly's help pollinate your flowers. Their attracted to the sweet nectar of the flowers.